- 1 cup of Multi-Grain or Whole wheat flour (Keep 2-3tbsp for dusting/rolling use)
- 1/4 cup water; luke warm (water quantity depends on the flour type)
- Take a mixing bowl or a dough making machine
- Place the flour in the bowl with half the water. Do not add all the water together.
- Start mixing and kneading the flour. Add 1-2 tbsp of water if too dry or the dough is not binding.
- Knead the dough until soft and easy to push finger into the dough.
- Leave it aside for 10 mins
Preparation(Roti) (Youtube Video – https://youtu.be/_ow8QZpzRIk)
- Place a flat pan or skillet on medium heat.
- Divide the dough into golf ball size or smaller balls. Using your palms, roll them into circular balls.
- Take a small dough ball and press on flat surface.
- Using a rolling pin, roll over dough while turning/dusting with flour and create a flat shaped circular dough.
- Take the uncooked roti and place it on the heated pan.
- Flip the roti to evenly cook both sides. Use turn spatula as needed to flip/press the roti.
- Once the cooked roti has patchy brown spots and is not too soft and too crispy, it is ready to eat.
- Enjoy with your favorite dish.