- 1 medium cauliflower head; chopped
- 1 medium potato (Russet potato used in the recipe); peeled; chopped medium squares
- 1/2 cup cooked peas; (frozen; thawed)
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/4 tsp asafetida (optional)
- 1 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1 1/2 tbsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt (add according to your own taste)
- 2 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 2 tbsp finely chopped cilantro
- Remove the stem of cauliflower and cut into small pieces.
- Peel the potato and chop into the small cube size pieces.
- Wash cauliflower and potatoes together in the colander and keep them aside.
- Take a medium saucepan and place on medium heat.
- Add cumin seeds, bay leaves, asafetida, turmeric, garam masala, coriander powder, red chili powder and salt(according to taste). Mix all the spices together for 30 secs.
- Add cauliflower and potatoes to the saucepan. Mix it well.
- Add ginger and peas. Stir and mix to evenly coat the spice mix.
- Cover the pan with the lid for 5 mins. Add 3 tbsp of water if the ingredients are sticking to the pan. Repeat step until potatoes/cauliflower is cooked. (Take a fork and try to pierce the potato. If cooked, it would crack open easily)
- Once cooked. Turn off the heat.
- Sprinkle with grated ginger. Cover the saucepan with the lid for 5 mins.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro
- Enjoy this vegetable mix (sabzi in India) with Roti, naan and brown rice