What’s in the name!! This dish is a quick and easy to prepare something when you have nothing else in your fridge other than Green Bell Pepper aka ‘Shimla Mirch‘ in northern parts of India. Quick roast with Chickpea Flour aka Besan and also readily available at your local Indian store or Amazon. Enjoy as a side to other main course entrees or with roti or make a wrap
2 green bell peppers; chopped
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1/4 tsp asafoetida
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp fennel seeds powder
1/2 tsp sea salt (adjust to taste)
1/3 cup chickpea flour
1/4 cup of waterRotis/Breads
1. Heat a small saucepan with a low setting of the stove
2. Add cumin seeds, asafoetida, turmeric powder, fennel seeds powder, salt, and chickpea flour to the saucepan. Stir for 5-7 mins or as soon as it changes color to light brown.
3. Add bell pepper to chickpea flour with water. Mix well.
4. Cover the saucepan with the lid and cook the bell pepper.
5. Keep checking after every 2-3 mins until bell pepper is soft.
6. Enjoy besan shimla mirch with roti or make a wrap.