2 cups boiled chickpeas or 1 15oz Chickpea Can(Washed & Drained)
2 small Roma tomatoes
1 tbsp fresh grated ginger
1 Serrano pepper ( optional if u like spicy)
1 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 tsp sea salt (according to taste)
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
2 tsp coriander powder
1/4 tsp red chili powder (according to taste and spice tolerance)
1/4 tsp Garam masala
2 tbsp finely chopped fresh cilantro for garnish
- Purée tomato, ginger, and Serrano pepper (optional) in a blender
- Take a medium saucepan with lid and put it on medium heat.
- Roast the cumin seeds in an uncovered saucepan. Wait for them to become light brown while stirring them
- Add the purée mixture to saucepan with salt, turmeric powder, red chili powder, and Garam Masala.
- Sauté them for 8-10 minutes until mixture thickens. If the mixture is sticking to the pan, add 2 tsp of water or veg broth
- Add the chickpeas to the sautéed mixture in the pan
- Add 1 1/2 cup of water
- Cover it with the lid and let it cook on medium heat for 8 minutes stirring occasionally. Cook the chickpeas uncovered for 2-4mins or until it reaches desired consistency.
- Garnish your prepared chickpeas with cilantro
- Enjoy with cooked brown rice or quinoa or whole wheat naan bread