Badam Halwa or Almond Pudding (couldn’t think of a better word) is an easy elegant dessert to satisfy your sweet tooth. This legacy dessert has roots all the way to royal kings and now is a regular when it comes to Indian festivities like Holi, Diwali, New Year celebration or cold winter nights.
– 1 cup almond flour
– 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
– 1 cup plant-based non-dairy milk; unsweetened, unflavored
– 1 pinch saffron
– 3 tbsp maple syrup
1. Place medium-size saucepan on low heat. Once heated, add almond flour to sauce-pan. Dry roast for 7-8 mins. Do not leave the almond flour unattended on the heat as it burns quickly.
2. Add apple sauce to the almond roasted flour and mix well.
3. Add plant-based milk and saffron. Mix well.
4. Add maple syrup, stir until the consistency thickens or milk is absorbed. Approximately 8-10 mins
5. Enjoy halwa warm or at room temp