Last time I made Papdi Chaat, I prepared the ‘nachos’/’crackers’ from scratch as I could not find crackers in the market which were oil-free and prepared with acceptable ingredients. I was walking through the isles of my local grocery store and I came across ‘Mary’s Gone Crackers’.
I had so many ideas going through my head on how I could use them. I started with Papdi Chaat as this is not only favorite but my kids favorite too.
1 15oz can chickpeas; drained
20 Mary Crackers [no oil]
1 large potato; boiled, peeled and cubed
2-3 tbsp green chutney (adjust to taste)
2-3 tbsp date chutney (adjust to taste)
1/2 tsp roasted cumin powder
1 cayenne pepper; finely chopped (optional)
1 serrano pepper; finely chopped(optional)
3-4 tbsp cilantro leaves; finely chopped
1. Take a flat serve ware of your choice and lay the Mary crackers.
2. In a bowl take yogurt and whisk it to make yogurt smooth and easy to drizzle on the crackers.
3. Drizzle yogurt on the crackers.
4. Spread half cubed potato and half the quantity of chickpeas on the crackers.
5. Drizzle 2-3 tbsp of yogurt on chickpeas and potatoes.
6. Now Drizzle green chutney and then date chutney.
7. Garnish with roasted cumin powder, onions, cilantro, and Serrano or cayenne pepper.
• you can always increase or decrease the quantity of yogurt and chutney’s depending on the taste buds of your family.