Anyone who grew up in India knows about ‘Maggi Hot & Sweet Sauce‘. I know it was one thing I could not enjoy anything without. So I went on to experiment with ingredients in my pantry to create something close from scratch. I hope you enjoy the same as I and my family did.
- 1 Medium-size Cauliflower head; Cut florets;
- 1/2 Cup Rolled Oats Flour
- 1/4 Cup Quinoa Flour
- 1/2 tsp Sriracha Powder
- 1/2 to 1 Cup Plant-Based Milk (Quantity depends on type of milk)
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt (Adjust to taste)
- 4 tbsp Sriracha Sauce
- 2 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 2 tbsp Liquid Aminos
- Pre-Heat Oven at 400F
- Prepare a flat baking tray with parchment paper
- Mix all ingredients for the sauce in a bowl and set aside
- Mix all dry ingredients for the cauliflower coating in a large mixing bowl.
- Add part of plant-based milk in the dry mix and mix well. Keep adding and mixing the coating batter until like pancake mixture or thicker consistency is reached. We want to make sure the florets can be evenly coated without it being drippy.
- Add the cauliflower florets into the batter and mix well.
- Place the coated florets on the baking tray and place it in the oven for about 30mins. You are looking for even golden brown over the florets.
- Once golden brown, take out the cooked florets and mix in the sauce to evenly coat the sauce.
- Using the same baking tray, place the florets back for another 10mins in the oven.
- Enjoy with your favorite dip or bed of salad!!