Besan ki Roti or Chickpea Flour bread is common in some household and is a delicacy in some. I usually make it using Gram Flour and mix it Whole Wheat or if you prefer to make it Gluten Free, you can use Oats Flour too.
My family enjoys this roti with Mushroom Peas Stew(Mushroom Matar Subzi) and/or with Tomato Chili Chutney. The protein rich roti is also favorite for my kids as they at times enjoy it with ketchup.
Youtube Video – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HofXpBjMdS0
3/4 cup besan (chickpea flour)
1/2 cup multigrain flour ( whole wheat can be used as well)
1/2 cup multigrain flour for dusting
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/4 tsp Garam Masala
1/4 tsp red chili powder
1/2 tsp sea salt (optional)
1 tsp ginger; grated or very finely chopped
1/2 cup spinach; washed and finely chopped
1/8 cup warm water
1. Take a medium size bowl.
2. Add chickpea flour( besan flour), multigrain grain flour, turmeric powder, Garam Masala, red chili powder, salt, ginger, spinach. Mix it well.
3. Slowly add water to mix and start kneading to form a dough ball. Dough will be slightly sticky.
4. Take a small piece of dough. Roll the dough with the help of your palms to make a ball.
5. Dust the dough ball with multigrain flour.
6. On a clean surface press the dough with your palm.
7. Start rolling the dough to make a circle shape. Do not roll it too thin.
8. Place skillet on medium heat. Make sure skillet is well heated.
9. Place the rolled roti on the skillet.
10. Flip the side of roti after 2 mins (notice the brown patches on roti).
11. With spatula press roti in all directions so it cooks evenly.
12. Enjoy Chickpea roti (besan roti) with your favorite Raitas, Curry , lentils or vegetables.