1 Green Bell Pepper; washed; cut lengthwise
1 Small Onion; chopped thin lengthwise
1 medium Potato; peeled; washed; chopped lengthwise
1 small Tomato; chopped
1 tbsp fresh Ginger; chopped lengthwise
1 tsp Mustard seeds
1 tsp Sea Salt (adjust to taste)
1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
1/2 tsp Garam Masala
1/4 Red Chili Powder (adjust to taste)
1 tbsp Coriander Powder
2 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp fresh Cilantro Leaves; chopped
- Take a medium size sauce pan. Place the sauce pan on the low heat.
- Add mustard seeds. Stir mustard seeds for 1-2 mins.
- Add onions to the saucepan. Stir onions and mustard seeds for 3-5 mins until onions turn translucent (add 2-3 tbsp water if needed).
- Add tomatoes, ginger and salt. Stir tomatoes, ginger and onion for 2 mins. Tomatoes will look mushy.
- Add potatoes to the paste of onion and tomato in the saucepan. Stir for 3-4 mins.
- Add bell pepper to the onion and tomato paste. Mix it well.
- Add turmeric powder, Garam Masala, red chili powder and coriander powder to the sauce pan. Add 3 tbsp of water to the vegetables if they are sticking to the pan. Mix well.
- Cover saucepan with the lid. Stir after every 2-3 mins until potatoes are soft and ready to eat.
- Add lemon juice to the cooked vegetables in the saucepan. Cover the lid of the saucepan for few minutes. Turn off the heat under the saucepan.
- Garnish bell pepper and potatoes with cilantro leaves.
- Serve hot with Roti, Naan or make a wrap.
I usually make a wrap out of this vegetable for my lunch or dinner too. For a wrap I used Engine 2 (sprouted Asian grains tortillas) brought it from Whole Foods. You can use any wrap/ tortillas of your preference. Enjoy it with a small side of colorful salad. It is delicious and quick and it’s a easy packable lunch too.