4 Roma tomatoes; chopped
10 Serrano pepper; chopped
1 tsp Cumin seeds
1/4 tsp Asafetida
1 tsp Turmeric powder
1/2 tsp Garam masala
1/4 tsp Red chili powder
2 tbsp Coriander powder
1 tsp sea salt (adjust according to taste)
1/4 cup water
- Take a saucepan and place it on low heat.
- Add cumin seeds and asafoetida. Stir for 5 secs or until turn light brown in color.
- Add turmeric powder, red chili powder, garam masala, coriander powder, and salt. Stir all the spices for 10 secs.
- Add 1/4 cup water to the saucepan and stir all the spices for 5 secs.
- Add tomatoes and pepper. Stir all ingredients for 15 seconds and increase the heat to medium heat. Cover the saucepan with the lid for 3 mins.
- Check if tomatoes are soft and mushy, if not, cover for another 3 mins. If soft/mushy, the chutney is ready.
- Turn off heat to the saucepan and let the chutney cool down. Once cooled down, place the chutney in a storage container*.
- Serve with your favorite Parantha, Roti, Naan , crackers and lentils
*you can easily store this chutney in the tight container fridge for 3-5 days.
One thought on “Tomato and Green Chili Chutney (Spicy)”