What do you do when you have green beans, carrots and pressed tofu in your fridge? You cook them. Cook these bright colorful vegetables with tofu ,and add flavors of Indian spices, to create an incredibly tasty dish.
Enjoy it in many different ways. Eat with roti or make a wrap or sandwich.
It also makes a perfect side with Dals(lentils). Tofu adds the great texture to these vegetables. You can also substitute tofu with potato or you can add potatoes also.
1 1/2 cup green beans; washed and thinly chopped
1 medium carrot; diced
1/2 cup pressed tofu; tiny cubes
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/4 tsp red chili powder
1 tbsp coriander powder
1/4 tsp garam masala
1/2 tsp sea salt(adjust to taste)
1/4 cup water
1/2 tsp lemon juice (adjust to taste)
1. Heat medium size saucepan on low heat.
2. Add cumin seeds. Stir cumin seeds until they turn light brown in color (It usually takes 30-40 secs).
3. Add turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder, garam masala and salt to the sauce pan.
4. Add water to the spices in the saucepan. Mix spices and water together.
5. Add beans and carrots to the saucepan. Stir for 2 mins.
6. Cover the saucepan with the lid for 3-4 min.
7. Add tofu to the veggies. Mix tofu gently with veggies (if sticking just add 4-5 tbsp of water).
8. Cover the saucepan with the lid. Keep checking and stir every 2-3 mins until all the vegetables are cooked or soft.
9. Once the vegetables are cooked add lemon juice to them. Mix well.
10. Cover the sauce pan with the lid and turn off the heat under the stove.
11. Serve it hot with roti or rice or make a wrap.