Stuffed Parathas are a very common and traditional breakfast item mainly in North India. Normally you would see things like onions, potatoes or paneer as stuffing followed by cooking in oil or ghee to add to its richness.
I am always looking for ways to include nutritious vegetables like broccoli into Indian cuisine as this vegetable is not traditionally cooked in Indian kitchens. This has become my family favorite as it brings the two worlds together perfectly with a lot of flavor and nutrition.
1/2 cup broccoli; shredded
1/4 tsp red chili powder
1/4 tsp Sea Salt (adjust to taste)
1 tsp Ginger powder
1/4 tsp amchur powder (mango powder)
1 cup whole wheat flour (multigrain flour used in the recipe)
1/4 cup water
Please follow the same preparation in this Roti recipe
1. Take a small bowl.
2. Add shredded broccoli, red chili powder, salt, and ginger. Mix well.
3. Preheat skillet on a low heat.
4. From dough ball make 2 small dough balls.
5. Rolls the dough balls separately to small circles. You can follow the video/recipe from Roti recipe.
6. With the help of tablespoon scoop the broccoli filling. Put the filling on one of the rolled dough.
7. Brush the rim of the roti lightly with water and place the other rolled dough on the top of broccoli filling.
8. Press both the rolled doughs together around the rim so the filling doesn’t come out.
9. Roll the parantha again in all the direction to flatten into parantha.
10. Place the parantha on the skillet.
11. After 2-3 mins flip paratha (notice brown patches)
12. Let the other side cook for 2 mins. Keep pressing with a spatula.
13. Flip again cook for 1 min.
2 thoughts on “Broccoli Paratha”
A big thank you for your blog article.Thanks Again. Want more.
Thank you for the feedback.