Now, who doesn’t like dessert? Being Whole-Food Plant Based doesn’t you need to deprive yourself of delightful desserts. I love the challenge and admire others who have taken this challenge and added variety to this life-style. Now, in Indian kitchens this a different kind of challenge. The question that comes very quickly, what do you mean you will not use ghee or sugar in dessert or in Hindi it is called ‘Mithai’.
Nariyal Barfi or Coconut Squares are one of the simplest and easiest barfi to prepare at home for any festivities or gatherings with family and friends. Well we can also name this barfi ‘coconut fudge’. You will love coconut barfi if you love coconut or maybe this is your moment to like Coconut. Its healthy with no refined sugars or any dairy products. It doesn’t take much time to prepare.
2/3 cup cashew milk; unsweetened
1 1/2 cup coconut powder
3 tbsp almond flour
5 tbsp organic agave
1/4 tsp green cardamom powder
1/4 tsp saffron
1 tbsp almond; thinly sliced
1. Heat the small size sauce pan.
2. Pour the cashew milk. Warm the milk.
3. Add the agave. Stir agave and milk for 2 mins.
4. Turn off the heat under the sauce pan.
5. Add one pinch of cardamom powder to the milk. Mix it well.
6. Let the milk completely cool down.
7. Add coconut powder to the milk. Mix well.
8. Add almond flour to the saucepan. Mix all the ingredients in the saucepan.(mixture will look thick).
9. Take a small flat bake or serve-ware with edges. Lay a layer of parchment paper on the base and edges to avoid sticking.
10. Spread the batter and let it settle. Sprinkle chopped almonds, saffron and cardamom.
11. Let barfi sit in the fridge for couple of hours.
12. Enjoy Nariyal Barfi