We all love Samosas. I prepared and posted earlier on how to prepare traditional samosas. I wish we all had the time to prepare samosas to enjoy this scrumptious appetizer. I recently came across and prepared these awesome Avacado Rolls from the forksoverknives.com website and thought to try and prepare the samosa mix and bake them.
– 1 medium white onion; finely chopped
– 2/3 Cups Frozen Peas; thawed
– 5 medium potatoes; boiled, cooled, and crushed
– 1 Sereno pepper (optional); finely chopped
– 1/4 Cup Cilantro; finely chopped
– 1 tbsp grated ginger
– 1/4 tsp Asafoetida
– 1/4 tsp Red chili powder
– 1/4 tsp Garam masala
– 1/2 tsp sea salt (adjust to taste)
– 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
– 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
– 2 tbsp Coriander Powder
– 1 tsp Amchur (Dried Mango Powder)
1. Take a medium sauce pan and place on medium heat. Dry roast the cumin seeds with asafoetida for 2 mins.
2. Add the onions to the saucepan. If onions stick to the pan, add one tbsp water. Sauté onions and stir until translucent and soft.
3. Add thawed peas to the mix. Sauté for 2 mins.
4. Add boiled/crushed potatoes.
5. Add turmeric, coriander powder, garam masala, red chili powder, amchur, and salt. Mix well.
6. Add ginger, cilantro, sereno pepper(optional)
7. Keep stirring the mix for 2 mins.
8. Switch off the heat and let the mix cool down.
9. When you are ready to prepare the rolls, preheat oven at 375 degrees F.
10. On chopping board or on flat surface lay lavash bread. Take a spoon full of potato mix, start spreading the mix with a spoon or tool of your choice on the lavash bread to create a thin layer of the mix(you may need to take 4-5 times potato mix to cover lavash bread).
11. With both hands start rolling lavash bread, with the mix inside, as tight of a roll as possible.
12. Take a sharp knife or a bread knife, and cut the big lavash roll into 1″-1.5″ small rolls.
13. On a baking tray, lay parchment paper and place the cut lavash samosa rolls flat.
14. Once the oven is ready, keep the baking tray inside the oven.
15. Flip the samosa rolls after 15 mins (or browning/crisping of edges) to bake from the other side.
16. Enjoy samosa rolls with Green Chutney .