What, Cabbage as an Entree and not in a Salad? Yes, and it is common in India. Not to forget the benefits of cabbage for your body with the benefits of spices. Make it an easy wrap using your leftover Pita bread.
1/2 cabbage head; finely chopped and washed
1 cup frozen peas; thawed
1 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1/4 asafoetida (Hing)
1/4 tsp red chili powder
1/2 Garam Masala
1 tbsp of coriander powder
1 tsp salt (adjust to taste)
1. Take a medium size saucepan and heat the saucepan on medium heat.
2. Add cumin seeds, mustard seeds, and asafoetida. Stir them until they start spurting.
3. Add red chili powder, Garam Masala, coriander powder, and salt. Stir for few seconds.
4. Add chopped cabbage. Stir well along with the spices in the saucepan.
5. Add peas to the saucepan.
6. Mix cabbage and peas well. So cabbage and peas are covered with the spices.
7. Cover the lid of the saucepan.
8. Check cabbage and peas after every 3-4 mins.
9. Cook until cabbage is soft to eat.
10. Serve it hot and enjoy this green healthy entree with your favorite roti or brown rice. Make a wrap or fill in a pita or a sandwich.