1/2 cup raw cashews; unsalted
3 tbsp soy milk unsweetened (unsweetened almond or cashew milk can be used)
5 tbsp maple syrup (adjust to taste)
1 tbsp whole raw cashews; unsalted; chopped
1/4 tsp saffron (optional)
- In the blender, blend the cashews to turn into a flour. (The flour will look moist.)
- Place a saucepan on low heat.
- Pour milk and cashew flour into the saucepan. Mix it well
- Add maple syrup. Stir for 2-3 minutes
- Take a flat glass serve-ware and pour the cashew mixture.
- Using a spatula flatten the mixture of cashew mix.
- Sprinkle 1 tbsp of chopped cashews
- Sprinkle few strands of saffron.
- Let it cool down for 10 mins.
- Using a spoon, take a scoop of cashew mix from the serve ware. Form a ball with the help of your hands. (You can create any shape)
- Divide the cashew ball in to 8 small balls
- Rolls them slowly with your hands to a cylinder shape (or any shape you prefer)
- Garnish with half cashews and saffron